Anne's family finds the Firefighters Hall and Museum to be a great summer visit.
It's filled with hands-on touches for kids, such as the chance to:
- climb into a fire truck cab and operate the lights, tinker with the switches
- steer a ladder truck in a simulator
- pull an old fire alarm box and find out how the signal was received in re-created “Station 8″
- work an old fire station switchboard
- slide down the pole!
- try on firefighter duds
- And take a ride through the neighborhood on a real fire truck! (Make sure to eat your lunch at least an hour in advance. Really.) Currently, the website lists the rides as summer months only.
Birthday Parties at the Firefighters Hall and Museum
Birthday parties start at $125 and are scheduled for a 2-1/2 hour time block. Parties can can accommodate up to 100 people, however guests over the first $20 cost extra. Parties are scheduled for 10:00 am and 1:00 pm. on Saturdays.
Find Other Museums and Historic Places.