Cromulent Shakespeare Company performs free theatre in parks throughout the Twin Cities annually during the month of June. See the Family Fun Calendar for dates and times each June. The public is invited to bring blankets or lawn chairs and a picnic to enjoy a little Shakespeare. Performances usually runs approximately 90 minutes and are weather-dependent, however, shows will not be cancelled unless weather conditions demand it. The troupe works to choose the best park accommodations for their audiences. I have found it difficult to hear in more urban parks, and now try to choose parks with a buffer from traffic and airplane noise.
Cromulent Shakespeare 2021
In 2021, Cromulent is on hiatus. As an alternative, check our calendar for performances of A Midsummers Night's Dream by Classical Actors Ensemble.
Learn More About Shakespeare with Kids
If you are interested in exploring Shakespeare a little further with your kids, the Folger Shakespeare Library is a great source of materials.
Cromulent Shakespeare Performance Schedule:
We will share performance schedules when announced. When making plans, you'll want to leave time to arrive early for the pre-show.
Look for performances at these parks:
While schedules vary each year, we can guess from previous years, where performances might be held. Watch announcements for these parks:
- Lyndale Park Rose Garden; 4124 Roseway Road, Mpls 55409
- Augsburg Park; 7000 Nicollet Ave S Richfield
- Highland Park; 1200 Montreal Ave. St. Paul (along Montreal in sight of parking lot)
- Veterans Park; 6335 Portland Ave, Richfield
- Lake Nokomis Park; 2401 E Minnehaha Pkwy, Mpls (west of the community center)
- Merriam Park; 2000 St. Anthony Ave., St. Paul (Wilder St. at Merriam Ln)
- Powderhorn Park; 3400 15th Ave. S, Mpls (along 35th St. near 14th Ave.
- Minnehaha Regional Park; 4801 S Minnehaha Dr., Mpls (across the bridge from the main pavilion in front of the arbor...NOT on the stage near the pavilion)
- Richfield Bandshell; 6700 Portland Ave, Richfield
- Historic Como Streetcar Station; 1224 N Lexington Pkwy, St. Paul
- Lakefront Park Bandshell; 5000 Kop Pkwy, Prior Lake
- Iris Park; 1884 University Ave. W., St. Paul
- Wood Lake Nature Center; 6710 Lake Shore Dr., Richfield (on the wooded stage)
- Indian Mounds Regional Park; 10 Mounds Blvd., St. Paul (near Earl St. & E Thorn St.)