In Minnesota, family fun outdoors means embracing all four seasons. If you are on this page because you are looking for a new Twin Cities-area park, playground or nature center to explore, hundreds of entries can be found through our Parks & Playgrounds Search feature. Or, continue searching hundreds more ideas of things to do with kids in the Twin Cities through our Family Directory, including family outings, services, classes, camps, birthday parties and more.
Family Fun Directory of Things To Do with Kids:
Cromulent Shakespeare Company performs free theatre in parks throughout the Twin Cities annually during the month of June. See the Family Fun Calendar for dates and times each June. The public is invited to bring blankets or lawn chairs and a picnic to enjoy a little Shakespeare. They work to choose the best park accommodations for their audiences. All performances are weather-dependent, however, shows will not be cancelled unless weather conditions are dangerous.
If you are interested in exploring Shakespeare a little further with your kids, the Folger Shakespeare Library has material you can use.
Cromulent Shakespeare 2019
In 2019, Cromulent will perform The Tempest. The play runs approximately 90 minutes. Come early for the pre-show.
Cromulent Shakespeare 2019 Performance Schedule:
All performances are free unless otherwise noted.
- Sat. 1, 7 pm - Lyndale Park Rose Garden; 4124 Roseway Road, Mpls 55409
- Sun. 2, 2 pm - Augsburg Park; 7000 Nicollet Ave S Richfield
- Fri. 7, 7 pm - Highland Park; 1200 Montreal Ave. St. Paul (along Montreal in sight of parking lot)
- Sat. 8, 7 pm - Veterans Park; 6335 Portland Ave, Richfield
- Sun. 9, 2 pm - Lake Nokomis Park; 2401 E Minnehaha Pkwy, Mpls (west of the community center)
- Fri. 14, 7 pm - Merriam Park; 2000 St. Anthony Ave., St. Paul (Wilder St. at Merriam Ln)
- Sat. 15, 7 pm - Powderhorn Park; 3400 15th Ave. S, Mpls (along 35th St. near 14th Ave.
- Sun. 16, 2 pm - Minnehaha Regional Park; 4801 S Minnehaha Dr., Mpls (across the bridge from the main pavilion in front of the arbor...NOT on the stage near the pavilion)
- Fri. 21, 7 pm - Richfield Bandshell; 6700 Portland Ave, Richfield
- Sat. 22, 7 pm - Historic Como Streetcar Station; 1224 N Lexington Pkwy, St. Paul
- Sun. 23, 2 pm - Lakefront Park Bandshell; 5000 Kop Pkwy, Prior Lake
- Fri. 28, 7 pm - Iris Park; 1884 University Ave. W., St. Paul
- Sat. 29, 7 pm - Wood Lake Nature Center; 6710 Lake Shore Dr., Richfield (on the wooded stage)
- Sun. 30, 2 pm - Indian Mounds Regional Park; 10 Mounds Blvd., St. Paul (near Earl St. & E Thorn St.)
Study Ahead for The Tempest
If you are a Study-Ahead Type of Family, you can find child-friendly books to help prepare. We found Shakespeare's The Tempest for Kids through our Amazon affiliate program. We recommend checking the library as well, but if you purchase through our link, we receive a commission on the sale. Mystie at Simply Convivial offers more ideas for making the most of the experience, and this link also offers study materials.
What is the Family Fun Twin Directory?
This is the most extensive collection of companies, organizations, activities and places to find things to do with kids in the Twin Cities. Find things to do this weekend, things to do today, things to do with toddlers, things to do with teens. We have it all. Sort by indoor things to do with kids or outdoor things to do with kids. Find theater, music, water parks, aquariums, zoos, museums, seasonal fun.
Find the Answers to Your Questions. How much does it cost? What are the hours? Where can I find discount tickets? Where did my favorite store go?
We share Family Friendly Businesses. We work hard to keep it the most current and accurate parenting resource in the Twin Cities. Not just a blog for moms, we are a informational resource for families. This parent to parent list is perfect for dads, moms and grandparents to find fun things to do with kids year round.
This directory was made for families who live in the Twin Cities metro to connect with local businesses. However, visitors to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area will find our directory useful to learn more about venues with insider tips and details. Use this directory to find the best things to do with families in Minnesota's largest metropolitan area.
Connect With Us: