Mary Casanova, a delightful lady from the North Woods in Minnesota, took time to chat with us, BookHounds, about her newest book Wake Up, Island!, her previous works, what it is like to be an author, and so much more.
“My goal has never changed from the beginning. I want to write stories that matter and books that readers can’t put down.”
The video production is not great since it’s from the Periscope App, but it’s worth it.
See Show Notes Below:
(This post contains affiliate links)
- Mary’s Introduction
- Reading of Wake Up, Island!
- Illustrated by Nick Wroblewski, woodcut printmaker
“Our lives are like fireflies, brilliant flashes of light in the darkness, here and gone. Each life matters. Listen to your dreams and giftings; take risks, live fully, make a difference.”
-Mary Casanova, her website
- The story of the magical morning Mary wrote Wake Up, Island!
- Mary’s goal in her writing
- Mary’s view of what it’s like to be an author.
- First book–Moose Tracks
- Working for American Girl
- Traveling for research
- Her typical day when she is at home.
- Mary’s most rewarding thing as a mom.
- Mary’s advice to writers, young and old.
“My hope is that this inspires parents and kids to just say, ‘Let’s get outside. Let’s go explore nature.’ “