Learn how to make Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs an interactive and fun family experience.
See show notes for more information.
(post contains affiliate links)
BookHounds–How to Read Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
- Give Grandpa a different voice — just 2 different voices in this story.
- Have kids hold some of the different food items while you read.
- Read during meal time.
BookHounds–Questions to Ask
- If it could rain anything down from the sky, what would you want it to rain?
- If it rained that kind of precipitation, what would happen?
- What’s your favorite weather?
BookHounds–Why I like Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
- Captures the readers attention
BookHounds–Ideas for Activities
- Build houses out of bread or graham crackers
- Create a town together–design on a poster or build out of playdough.
- Give your town a name.
- Who would would live there?
- How would they get around?
- What would they eat?
- Where would people live?
- What kind of pets would they have?
- Have an indoor snowball fight with cotton balls (or marshmallows, thanks for the idea Tiffany)
- Pack for a pretend day in the town of Chewandswallow.
- Make a meal from the book
- Craft from Joyful Abode
Get ready for next week’s BookHounds.
2 Bonus Episodes
Tuesday, April 12 9:00 Mary Casanova
New Book: Wake Up, Island
Thursday, April 14 10:00 David LaRochelle
New Book: Monster & Son
Friday, April 15 10:00 Lilly’s Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes
Don’t forget to join us for our Monster Bash on April 30 at 10:00-1:00. David will be launching his book at 11:30. We are excited to have you there!