Trapp Farm Park in Eagan offers family-friendly amenities, including a playground, space to picnic with a charcoal grill, hiking, and a canoe launch. In the winter, it has a popular tubing hill.
6 Things for Families at Trapp Farm Park in the Summer
- Bring your horseshoe set for an old-fashioned game of horseshoes.
- Take a hike along the stroller-friendly walking trail
- Go fishing on Schwanz Lake or just lie on the pier and peer into the water.
- Enjoy the large playground or just rest while the kids run off extra energy
- Bring a volleyball and play sand volleyball
- Pack a picnic and grill out.
Trapp Farm Park Tubing Hill
The tubing hill is located on Wilderness Run Road. It offers approximately 75 winter tubing tubes for rent. Personal tubes and sleds are not allowed on this hill. This site does not offer tow ropes, so tubers will need to be able to climb the hill on their own (or maybe by dad power).
While the City of Eagan aims for a mid-December open date, the tubing hill requires a solid base of 6-8 inches of snow to open and is weather-dependent.
- Monday - Thursday: 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. (by reservation only)
- Friday: 4:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Noon - 8:00 p.m.
- See Website for Special Holiday Hours.
More Tubing Hills: Snow Tubing for the Family: Best Twin Cities Hills
Birthday Parties at Trapp Farm Park
More Party Ideas: Twin Cities Birthday Parties for Kids: Party in the Park.
Shelter Building Reconstruction
The Shelter building was updated during 2019 and re-opened in January of 2020. Updates included expansion of the building, increased multi-functionality, more storage and ADA compliance, including restrooms.