Lac Lavon Park is a large park in Burnsville. Besides a six-field softball complex, the park has family-friendly amenities that include a playground, a paved walking trail, an unguarded sandy beach, and space to picnic. The play equipment is newer standard equipment with a sand floor. This park offers free wi-fi and off-street parking to visitors.
10 Fun Things for Families at Lac Lavon Park
- Go Canoeing. If you want to do this often, you can rent a storage rack so you don't need to carry your canoe back and forth.
- Take A Walk Together. This park has a hard-surface trail, ideal for strollers or scooters. It meanders through natural grasses, native plantings, mature trees and the more modern park amenities.
- Bring a couple horseshoes for a family competition.
- Grill out in the picnic area. The park has charcoal grills available.
- Run and play together on the playground. Or...
- Let the kids run and play while you rest and take advantage of the free wi-fi.
- Practice baseball drills on one of the many fields. Bring your own equipment.
- Play Tennis together or just practice your serves while the kids chase the balls for you.
- Swim at the unguarded beach.
- Grab your volley ball and play a game on the sandy court.
Winter at Lac Lavon Park
In the winter, walking paths can be used for snowshoeing and hiking.
Birthday Parties at Lac Lavon Park
This park rents a shelter for birthday parties and other private events. Call 952-895-4500 to book a time. The shelter holds up to 125 people.
Canoe Rack Rental
Lac Lavon is one of several Burnsville Parks that rents canoe racks for storage of your personal canoe. Rack space is rented on a first-come, first served basis and prices vary between residents and non-residents. Call 952-895-4510 for availability of a space.