Becker Park, 5501 Douglas Drive North, Crystal, MN, USA
Becker Park is open from sunrise to 11 pm (City Code, 815.05)
Becker Park is a 13-acre park located in downtown Crystal. Built in 1948, it was the first park in the city. Today, in preparation for the future light rail station, the City of Crystal is re-imagining Becker Park as a community gathering space near bus lines, regional trails and light rail station. The updated park focuses on play with many free opportunities to be active, social.
6 Ideas for Family Fun at Becker Park
- Play a game of follow the leader in the park's large inclusive play area. See images of all the playground equipment here.
- Run through the Interactive Splash Pad Fountain on a hot summer day. Find our full list of Twin Cities Area Splash Pads here.
- Bring a picnic for an outdoor meal while you play.
- Enjoy a stroll along the walking paths
- Participate in community events such as Fitness in the Park and entertainment on the Performance Stage
- Ice skate during the winter months.
Crystal's Vision for An Inclusive Gathering Space
According to the Becker Park project website, the goal of the re-imagined park space was to create a space that:
- Is an inclusive community gathering space regardless of age, ethnicity, culture or ability
- Promotes healthy living through outdoor play
- Is compatible with public transportation and trail options
- Supports the local economy in Crystal's central business district
The video below was created to give an overview of the plans for the new park: