- 6 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 red potatoes (medium)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tb Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning if desired
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 stick butter (melted)
Defrost chicken breasts, cut each piece in half and set aside. Quarter the red potatoes and place in large oval crock pot.
In a gallon Ziploc bag combine flour, panko, Lawry’s, Italian seasoning and cinnamon. Put two pieces of chicken in the bag and shake vigorously. Place breaded chicken on top of potatoes in one layer. Repeat until all chicken has been breaded.
Drizzle melted butter on top of the chicken and sprinkle a ¼ cup of remaining flour mixture on chicken.
Cook on low for 8 hours. Allow to cool before serving to allow breading crust to firm up. Season with salt to desired taste. Serve with the cooked potatoes.
The following is a truncated version of our original article of 10 Free & Air-Conditioned Indoor Family Outings. Stay cool and check out the links for more details.
1. Local libraries with Play & Learn spaces – this list was published in the Star Tribune last year.
2. Indoor mall play areas – MinneMama Adventures details her Top 6 Indoor Mall Play Areas.
3. Free indoor movies for kids – KTIS put together this list of places to catch a free flick.
4. Ikea – an hour of free childcare, food specials and occasional kids activities.
5. Minneapolis Institute of Arts – MIA has an expanded family center stocked with books and toys.
6. Landmark Center exhibits – include the hands-on Schubert Club Museum & Gallery of Wood Art.
7. Minneapolis & St. Paul Public Parks and Rec buildings – don’t miss drop-in Tot Times in St. Paul.
8. Preschool storytimes at local bookshops – 2 weeks worth of preschool storytimes at local shops!
9. University of Minnesota’s free museums – Bell Museum of Natural History free every Sunday.
10. Grocery shopping – take along this printable toddler grocery list.