Stonemill Farms Park is a 6-acre neighborhood park in Woodbury. It is nestled in the Stonemill Farms planned community and, while this neighborhood has private parks for the exclusive use of its community members, this park is managed by the City of Woodbury, so it is open to the public in accordance with Woodbury's City Code. This beautiful green park has family-friendly amenities that include a large play area, sports fields, space to picnic and paved trails. This park was formerly known as Stonemill Farms South Park and still shows up that way in some searches and maps. There is no off-street parking at this park.
Local Realtor, Darin Bjerkness rated this park as one of the top 5 in Woodbury a few years ago:
Stonemills Farms Park participates in Woodbury's Puppet Wagon program.
5 Ideas for Family Fun at Stonemill Farms Park
- Pack a picnic. This pretty park is ideal for a lazy picnic. It has plenty of green space to spread a picnic cloth, plus several picnic tables and an open air shelter.
- Play a game of kickball on the baseball diamond.
- Run around the grassy sports field. Maybe play a game of tag.
- Get a good workout on the playground. With the climbing web and large play structures, even grown ups can enjoy this playground.
- Practice skating, biking or scooting on the paved path. The paved path in this park is only 1/10th of a mile, so you wouldn't get much of a walk out of it, but if you brought along your kids skates, skateboard, scooter or small bike, they could probably practice without worry of too much traffic.
The Playground at Stonemill Farms Park
The Playground is large and features a climbing web and two separate climbing structures -- one is lower to the ground with simpler features more appropriate to new walkers. The floor is wood-chip, but there is a separate sand-play area adjacent to the larger play structures. The sand freezes over in the windows and can get pretty wet after a melt, but this doesn't seem to slow down the kids. A patio sits between the various play areas with seating for parents who would like to rest.
Birthday Parties at Stonemill Farms Park
Families can rent the shelter for birthday parties and other private events during the summer months (April 14-October 14). Prices are based on residency and also require a damage deposit.