Potawatomi Park is a 14-acre neighborhood park in Woodbury. Family friendly amenities include an accessible play structure and stroller-friendly, paved trails. There is space for picnics with tables and grills, and sports courts and fields. Seasonal restrooms and off-street parking (approximately 50 spaces) are also provided at this park.
8 Ideas for Family Fun at Potawatami Park
- Take a puppet show break. Schedule your visit for a Woodbury Puppet Wagon time during the summer to take in a little community entertainment.
- Practice baseball on one of the two fields.
- Play a game of tennis or practice serves while the kids chase the ball for you. You get practice, they get worn out.
- Bring your basketball for a game of one-one-one,
- Toss a game of horseshoes
- Take a family walk. A stroller-friendly walking path crosses the park from southwest corner to northeast corner, where it crosses another path that connects the park to Odawa Park and Woodbury Elementary.
- Pack a picnic and eat at the park.
- Play on the playground.
Playground at Potawatomi Park
The playground equipment at this park is standard and relatively new. Its height may make some parents of tots nervous, but it will be fun for school age kids. The ground is covered with wood chips. There is plenty of green space nearby for running.
Updates to Potawatomi Park
In 2019, the city made improvements to this park, including adding trails with natural plantings along the paths, reconstructing the tennis courts with new nets, fencing and color coat, and adding new basketball court standards. Learn more here.