The Galleria is a shopping mall in Edina that specializes in high-end stores and a peaceful shopping experience. You won't find a playground or a food court in this mall, but there are some family-friendly stores and amenities.
4 Kid-Friendly Stores at the Galleria
While most of the stores are going to be more exciting for parents than kids, there is enough for the family to explore together to make a fun afternoon of family shopping.
- Legacy Toys. With Creative Kidstuff gone, families still have a toy store option at the Galleria. Legacy Toys is "devoted to helping kids and their families ignite their imagination through exploration and play". Families will appreciate that the store encourages visitors to engage in interactive play. We Feature Legacy Toys among our 12 Favorite Local Toy Stores.
- Bachmans. When you need a little touch of spring during the long, dark winters. Any Bachman's store is just the thing to add some cheer, but because this one is located inside the mall, you can hit a few other stores and stay warm the whole visit.
- Pottery Barn Kids. Stop by on Tuesdays for storytime.
- Barnes & Noble. This Barnes & Noble is a "concept store", so they get new innovations first. One thing parents may love is that they have decided to limit toys to LEGOs and book-related toys, increasing your chances of leaving with a book, instead of a toy when you bring a giftcard. This is another store where kids are encouraged to play a little, plus, if you come on a Wednesday, Friday or Saturday morning, you can stay for storytime.
3 Family-Friendly Galleria Restaurants
- Crave. This restaurant is on our kids-eat-free list. On Saturdays, families can get one free kids entree with the purchase of an adult entree.
- The Good Earth. I've always liked this restaurant with kids. While they don't have a kids menu and they no longer offer my steamed-edamame go to, we can usually find something to share with kids. There staff is always very friendly and willing to offer suggestions. If all else fails, order the pancakes!
- Barnes & Noble Kitchen. We had a chance to review the Barnes & Noble Kitchen when it opened in 2017. These are some of the delicious foods we tried.
3 Family-Friendly Services:
- Complimentary Stroller Loans. You don't need to drag in your own stroller. Stop by the concierge's desk and borrow one.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi and Comfy Seating.
- Family Rooms/Nursing Lounges Find family restrooms and a place to breastfeed at two locations. Both lounges are located near the restrooms and are on the east and west ends of the shopping center..
Galleria Hours and Map
Monday–Friday: Open 10am to 9pm
Saturday: Open 10am to 8pm
Sunday: Open 11am to 6pm
Find a Map of the Galleria here.