Dakota Park is a dog park in St. Louis Park with family-friendly amenities that include a playground, lighted sports fields, and space to picnic. In the winter there is also a sledding hill. There is off-street parking available at this park.
7 Ideas for Family Fun at Dakota Park:
- Invite your family dog. The park has an off-leash dog park. However, you will need to apply for a permit and pay the annual fee to use the park. Find more information here.
- Bring a playground ball to play kickball on the baseball diamond.
- Go for a stroll. This park's paved trails would be a good place to walk with a stroller or a young child learning to bike.
- Pack a picnic. The park has both a shelter and picnic tables. There is also plenty of green space for spreading a blanket.
- Climb the play structure. The playground is a good size and offers seating for parents.
- Bike the Cedar Lake Trail. Because this park offers a parking lot, it's a good place to begin and end a bike ride.
- Sled in the winter.
Winter at Dakota Park
This is one of 10 parks that the City of St. Louis Park recommends for sledding. The rest are listed in our Twin Cities Guide to the Best Sledding Hills. Note that this sledding hill is not lit after dark.