In Minnesota, family fun outdoors means embracing all four seasons. If you are on this page because you are looking for a new Twin Cities-area park, playground or nature center to explore, hundreds of entries can be found through our Parks & Playgrounds Search feature. Or, continue searching hundreds more ideas of things to do with kids in the Twin Cities through our Family Directory, including family outings, services, classes, camps, birthday parties and more.
Family Fun Directory of Things To Do with Kids:
Part of the Anoka County Library system, Centennial Library is located in Circle Pines and shares a campus with City Hall. During the summer of 2018, this branch closed for renovations and reopened in June of 2019 after ten months of construction. This branch serves residents of Lexington, Circle Pines, Lino Lakes, and Centerville,
Centennial Library Renovations
The 13,000-square-foot, renovated library is double its former size with new spaces intended for learning, creativity and collaboration. The expanded and modernized building will promote learning and supports history, nature, play, and commerce. In response to community input, additions will include meeting and study spaces, more areas of comfortable seating for readers, and a larger and interactive children’s area. The building was designed and constructed around the Danish concept of hygge to be cozy, warm, and inviting and to engenders a feeling of contentment or well-being.
“The new Centennial Library is something the entire community has been looking forward to for years. With its many up-to-date amenities and wonderful spaces, the new library is a place for community members to join together, share new experiences, and expand their horizons. I congratulate all who worked so hard to realize this vision”
Scott Schulte, Chair, Anoka County Board of Commissioners.
New library features include:
- IQ Kitchen - a space for cooking up curiosity and creativity while blending literacy, STEM, nutrition, and life skills education all in one place. It is equipped with a classroom kitchen, 3D printer, sewing machines, and expert librarians offering hands-on learning and innovation opportunities for all ages
- The Kitchen Collection- The only cooking and bakeware collection in the metro area! Twenty different cake pan options allow you to bake a unique cake tailored specifically to your special occasion.
- A community room with gathering space for large groups with different seating and table arrangements and three study rooms
- A large interactive children’s area with engaging play features such as touch sensitive tiles and a light table
- Custom art shadow boxes and sidewalk poetry from local artists
- Ample access to technology, including 11 computer stations and WiFi on-site and mobile hotspots for checkout.
What is the Family Fun Twin Directory?
This is the most extensive collection of companies, organizations, activities and places to find things to do with kids in the Twin Cities. Find things to do this weekend, things to do today, things to do with toddlers, things to do with teens. We have it all. Sort by indoor things to do with kids or outdoor things to do with kids. Find theater, music, water parks, aquariums, zoos, museums, seasonal fun.
Find the Answers to Your Questions. How much does it cost? What are the hours? Where can I find discount tickets? Where did my favorite store go?
We share Family Friendly Businesses. We work hard to keep it the most current and accurate parenting resource in the Twin Cities. Not just a blog for moms, we are a informational resource for families. This parent to parent list is perfect for dads, moms and grandparents to find fun things to do with kids year round.
This directory was made for families who live in the Twin Cities metro to connect with local businesses. However, visitors to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area will find our directory useful to learn more about venues with insider tips and details. Use this directory to find the best things to do with families in Minnesota's largest metropolitan area.
Connect With Us: