The Twin Cities is so lucky that we are home to Liz Heinecke, The Kitchen Pantry Scientist. Her website, YouTube Channel, and books offer endless fun ways to incorporate science into play. Incorporating STEM activities into play is one my 10 simple habits to help your child do better in school and Heinecke offers tons of ways to do that.
Kitchen Pantry Scientist Books
Heinecke has authored several books with fun science experiments. Her latest book releases May 5, 2020.
Past books include:
- Kitchen Science Lab for Kids: EDIBLE EDITION: 52 Mouth-Watering Recipes and the Everyday Science That Makes Them Taste Amazing
- Kitchen Science Lab for Kids: 52 Family Friendly Experiments from Around the House
- STEAM Lab for Kids: 52 Creative Hands-On Projects for Exploring Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math
- Outdoor Science Lab for Kids: 52 Family-Friendly Experiments for the Yard, Garden, Playground, and Park
- Star Wars Maker Lab: 20 Craft and Science Projects
You can find all of these books at the library, which is what I did to begin with. However, I found we did not have enough time to get to all the experiments we wanted to try before we had to return the book. You can purchase Books By Liz Heinecke through our Amazon affiliate link. Family Fun Twin Cities receives a small commission on sales through our Amazon link.
Kitchen Pantry Scientist Videos
Families can also subscribe to Heinecke's YouTube Channel to get more science experiments to try at home for free.