Cottage Grove Ravine Regional Park is a Washington County Park with over 500 acres of natural terrain. Register for activities on Washington County's Activities Page.
6 Ideas for Family Fun at Cottage Grove Ravine Park
- Go Fishing. Pack up your gear and enjoy a day of fishing. According the DNR, Ravine Lake is stocked with Bluegill, Black Crappie, Largemouth Bass, Walleye, and Bullhead.
- Hike the trails. The park offers paved trails, so you can bring a stroller. Washington County tells us you might see grouse, ermine, cottontail rabbits and deer.
- Watch Birds. You might even spot a pileated woodpecker. Birding Checklist: What to Pack Bird Watching.
- Pack a picnic. The pavilion is first come first serve, but you can find grassy areas to spread a blanket if it is in use.
- Take a play break on the playground
- Cross Country Ski during the snowy months.
Goats at Washington County Parks
The park system has begun using goats to control garlic mustard, buckthorn and other weeds in the Oak Savanna at this park. Whether you want to visit the park to see the goats grazing or you want to avoid the trails closed due to goat placement, you can find their current location here.
Winter Activities at Cottage Grove Ravine Regional Park
This park maintains cross-country ski trails in the snowy months. In fall of 2020, Washington County Parks announced that they would be moving away from the DNR's MN Ski Pass to use their own Nordic Ski Pass. The prices are about the same $6/daily and $30/season, but you will no longer be able to purchase one pass to cover both State Parks and Washington County Parks.
Ski passes are required for anyone age 18 and older using the ski trails. Learn more about Cross Country skiing in Washington Parks here.