Discover a new outdoor play space! Looking for specifics like a playground, swimming spot or bike trail? Want to find the perfect place to a pitch a tent or your city’s best sledding hill? Search by all of these amenities and more in our Twin Cities Parks & Playgrounds Search. You can even search by city or region of the Metro. Plus, find park hours, fees, directions, pictures and other extras.
For over one hundred years, Como Regional Park has been St Paul's most prized public park.
Como Regional Park Play Area
The play area was renovated in 2013 and includes:
- A large climbing structure designed to bring children close to tree level and provide imaginative and challenging play to older children
- Neutral color tones to blend into the environment
- Separate play area for toddlers and small children
- Large swing bay overlooking fire pits.
Como Regional Park Pool
Como Pool's 2018 season runs from Open June 9 – September 3, 2018.
- Open Swim Hours - 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Weekdays; 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Weekends
- Tot Times - Saturdays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. ($8 for adult/child pair; $4 second child)
Under 48" $6
Over 48" $7
Family (up to 5 members) $24
*Each Additional Member $4
Deck Fee (non-swimming) $4
Infant (Under 1 year old) Free
Como Regional Park Pool is Saint Paul's newest outdoor aquatics facility. Amenities include:
- 25-yard, six-lane lap pool
- Equipment for lap swim and water aerobics
- Life jackets available to rent for free
- Two basketball hoops
- Children's activity pool with family Slide
- One-meter diving board
- Two diving platforms
- Aquatic climbing wall
- Aquatic zip line
- 400-foot lazy river
- Men's, women's, and family Locker Rooms
- Concession stand
- Swimming lessons
Cafesjian's Carousel at Como Regional Park
The Como Woodland Outdoor Classroom Guidebook has been published to provide background information for educators and the public. The guidebook contains a map of the Classroom, content of 27 interpretive posts, natural and cultural history material, and environmental stewardship strategies employed in the Classroom.
The Como Woodland Outdoor Classroom showcases eight native plant communities, 27 interpretive posts, accessible paved and gravel trails, a propagation garden, and restored historical features on 17.5 acres. The Classroom provides natural and cultural interpretation, a place for learning, and habitat for native wildlife.
Winter Recreation at Como Regional Park
Como Park Ski Center is located within the larger regional park and offers both downhill and cross-country skiing. Day passes for downhill and snowboarding cost $12-$15 plus equipment rental of $12-$20. There is a heated with restrooms and concessions.
On Fridays between December 23, 2016 - February 17, 2017, Families can attend Family Fun Nights from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 pm at the discounted rate of $60 for a family of 5 or less, including rentals. Additional family members are $15.
The St. Paul Park's department recommends the Como Ski Center and Golf Course for a medium slope sledding hill. Sledding in St. Paul parks is free and open to the public. For a bit more of a challenge, McMurray Athletic Field -- just off of Como Regional Park -- has a steep slope sledding hill. The park department offers sledding safety tips on its website.
For more outdoor play ideas:
- 10 of the Best Twin Cities Playgrounds
- 20 Twin Cities Beaches, Parks & Playgrounds to Try This Summer
- Nature Playgrounds in the Twin Cities - Get Back to Green