The Wescott Library, located in Eagan, is one of ten branches of the Dakota County Library. It is also part of the MELSA system. The other locations are:
- Burnhaven Library | Burnsville
- Farmington Library
- Galaxie Library | Apple Valley
- Heritage Library | Lakeville
- Inver Glen Library | Inver Grove Heights
- Pleasant Hill Library | Hastings
- Robert Trail Library | Rosemount
- South St Paul Library
- Wentworth Library | West St Paul
Amenities and programming at Wescott Library
The Wescott branch library is open from 10am-8:30pm Mon-Thurs, from 10am-5:30pm Fri-Sat, and from 1-5pm on Sunday. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, the library is closed Sundays. It is also closed all holidays. Special programming at this branch includes:
- Baby & Me Storytime (0-2yrs): Thursdays, 10:30-11:15am
- Preschool Storytime (2-6yrs): Tuesdays & Fridays, 10:30-11:15am
- Free educational, cultural and arts programming for families, teens and children
- iLAB - includes a Media Suite with AV facilities and a Creative Suite with a 3-D printer, film converter, sewing machine and fabric and paper cutters.
- Waggin' Tales program (reading to therapy dogs)
- Homework Rescue
- Minnesota Children's Museum Smart Play Spot plus more play and learn spaces
Wescott library, through the MELSA library system, offers the smARTpass program. Library cardholders can check out tickets good for free or reduced admission to local museums and performances. You can read a more detailed review of the program at the link above.
Find a complete listing of Dakota County Library - Wescott branch programming HERE.