In Minnesota, family fun outdoors means embracing all four seasons. If you are on this page because you are looking for a new Twin Cities-area park, playground or nature center to explore, hundreds of entries can be found through our Parks & Playgrounds Search feature. Or, continue searching hundreds more ideas of things to do with kids in the Twin Cities through our Family Directory, including family outings, services, classes, camps, birthday parties and more.
Family Fun Directory of Things To Do with Kids:
The Wescott Library, located in Eagan, is one of ten branches of the Dakota County Library. It is also part of the MELSA system. The other locations are:
- Burnhaven Library | Burnsville
- Farmington Library
- Galaxie Library | Apple Valley
- Heritage Library | Lakeville
- Inver Glen Library | Inver Grove Heights
- Pleasant Hill Library | Hastings
- Robert Trail Library | Rosemount
- South St Paul Library
- Wentworth Library | West St Paul
Amenities and programming at Wescott Library
The Wescott branch library is open from 10am-8:30pm Mon-Thurs, from 10am-5:30pm Fri-Sat, and from 1-5pm on Sunday. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, the library is closed Sundays. It is also closed all holidays. Special programming at this branch includes:
- Baby & Me Storytime (0-2yrs): Thursdays, 10:30-11:15am
- Preschool Storytime (2-6yrs): Tuesdays & Fridays, 10:30-11:15am
- Free educational, cultural and arts programming for families, teens and children
- iLAB - includes a Media Suite with AV facilities and a Creative Suite with a 3-D printer, film converter, sewing machine and fabric and paper cutters.
- Waggin' Tales program (reading to therapy dogs)
- Homework Rescue
- Minnesota Children's Museum Smart Play Spot plus more play and learn spaces
Wescott library, through the MELSA library system, offers the smARTpass program. Library cardholders can check out tickets good for free or reduced admission to local museums and performances. You can read a more detailed review of the program at the link above.
Find a complete listing of Dakota County Library - Wescott branch programming HERE.
What is the Family Fun Twin Directory?
This is the most extensive collection of companies, organizations, activities and places to find things to do with kids in the Twin Cities. Find things to do this weekend, things to do today, things to do with toddlers, things to do with teens. We have it all. Sort by indoor things to do with kids or outdoor things to do with kids. Find theater, music, water parks, aquariums, zoos, museums, seasonal fun.
Find the Answers to Your Questions. How much does it cost? What are the hours? Where can I find discount tickets? Where did my favorite store go?
We share Family Friendly Businesses. We work hard to keep it the most current and accurate parenting resource in the Twin Cities. Not just a blog for moms, we are a informational resource for families. This parent to parent list is perfect for dads, moms and grandparents to find fun things to do with kids year round.
This directory was made for families who live in the Twin Cities metro to connect with local businesses. However, visitors to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area will find our directory useful to learn more about venues with insider tips and details. Use this directory to find the best things to do with families in Minnesota's largest metropolitan area.
Connect With Us: