In Minnesota, family fun outdoors means embracing all four seasons. If you are on this page because you are looking for a new Twin Cities-area park, playground or nature center to explore, hundreds of entries can be found through our Parks & Playgrounds Search feature. Or, continue searching hundreds more ideas of things to do with kids in the Twin Cities through our Family Directory, including family outings, services, classes, camps, birthday parties and more.
Family Fun Directory of Things To Do with Kids:
Veterans Park (also called Veterans Memorial Park) is Richfield's largest park. It encompasses Legion Lake and several walking and biking paths. It is home to an outdoor pool, an ice arena, a mini-golf course, and a large memorial to veterans. On summer Saturdays, it hosts a farmers market.
Every Day Family Fun at Veterans Park
- Richfield Outdoor Pool has both a swimming pool and a wading pool.
- Richfield Ice Arena is open year round.
- Malt-T-Melt Mini-Golf and Malt Shop is available to play 18 holes and then get ice-cream and grilled cheese sandwiches. Tip: Groupon often offers discounts on rounds of mini golf.
- The playground facility is the largest playground in Richfield.
- 2 miles of walking and biking paths wind through the park and around the lake. Wheel Fun Rentals offers surrey and tandem bike rentals to explore the park.
Birthday Parties at Veterans Park
With 30 picnic tables, the park's picnic shelter is Richfield's largest pavilion. It can be rented in sections or as a whole. Prices vary but run between $90 and $270. Shelter rental includes access to electricity and indoor bathrooms. Grills are allowed, but alcohol is prohibited. A live availability schedule can be found here.
For more Birthday Party ideas, FFTC's Ultimate Guide to Birthday Parties in the Twin Cities.
Special Family Fun Events at Veterans Park
- Richfield 4th of July Celebration.
- Richfield Farmers Market.