Inver Grove Heights' Veterans Memorial Community Center (VMCC) offers families a place for fun and fitness. The facility's family-friendly amenities include:
- The Grove Aquatic Center. An indoor waterpark with a dive well, a lap pool and a hot tub, as well as slides and splash area.
- A Fitness Center. Mainly for adults, it does offer youth memberships (ages 12-17), child care, and an indoor walking track that allows strollers and children in carriers.
- Two ice arenas. One arena is open year round, the other is seasonal (November - March).
- Indoor turf. Located in the seasonal hockey rink, it is open April - October.
- National Guard Gymnasium. When open it provides open gym times, pickleball, basketball courts and volleyball. (In 2020/2021, it was converted to a Covid-testing facility and closed to the public. Please check the website before visiting).
- An outdoor playground and green space.
The building shares a roof with Inver Grove Height's City Hall. The public is welcome to access the facility with or without a membership during building hours.
Waterpark at Veterans Memorial Community Center
The Grove Aquatic Center is an indoor waterpark open to the public. It was renovated in 2017 and 2019. Fun features include two water slides, a lily pad walk, diving well, and a shallow splashy play area. For safety, a three-color wristband procedure was implemented in 2020 to identify swimmers capability, age, and supervision requirements. Find up-to-date admission and pool hours here.
Find more Twin Cities indoor swimming pools and water parks.
Ice skating at the community center
Open Skate & Open Hockey times are available to the public. You can find the most up to date schedule and prices on the city's Open Skate page.