In Minnesota, family fun outdoors means embracing all four seasons. If you are on this page because you are looking for a new Twin Cities-area park, playground or nature center to explore, hundreds of entries can be found through our Parks & Playgrounds Search feature. Or, continue searching hundreds more ideas of things to do with kids in the Twin Cities through our Family Directory, including family outings, services, classes, camps, birthday parties and more.
Family Fun Directory of Things To Do with Kids:
Sarah Jane's Music School is a neighborhood music education center based in Northeast Minneapolis. They offer both private lessons and group classes. The school was founded by Sarah Jane Perbix, who has toured as a member of Cloud Cult and with Jeremy Messersmith's band. Classes are offered in various instruments as well as preschool music.
Birthday Parties at Sarah Jane's Music School
The studio can be rented for birthday parties and other private events. Contact Sarah Jane for pricing and more information.
Current Classes at Sarah Jane's Music School
- Family Rock (age 0-5) --- A festive, high-energy way to spend time together with music! Our teachers will lead you through a fun morning of song and dance. Family Rock is a caregiver/child class. Siblings are welcome with one parent/caregiver.
- Future Maestros (age 3.5-5) --- There are two main goals of the Future Maestros program: 1) To continue to foster a love of music in our students; 2) To prepare students for future instrument study.
- Piano Class for Young Beginners (age 5-6) --- We learn social skills as well as musical skills focusing on singing, playing, ear training, and music movement. This comprehensive class will progress through a method book together through song and play. Practice is required at home on a keyboard or piano. This is a great chance to develop the beginning skills for piano studies in a exciting and well-paced learning environment.
- Parent/Child Ukulele Class (age 6-8) --- Learn beginner ukulele chords & technique with your child in a fun atmosphere! Includes sing-a-longs.
- Teen Rock & Pop Bands --- It's time to rock out with other teens and our amazing teachers. Get your power chords ready and your favorite songs; write your own music with help from a pro. You just joined a band. Some musical experience required. ISO guitar, bass guitar, drums, keys, and vocals. We are always happy to start new groups.
- BYOB Guitar Class --- Everything's better with local beer, right? This class is for adults picking up the guitar after years of neglect or for the first time! Here's your chance to learn some chords among others at the same level in a fun environment. Al Church will have you playing your favorite covers in no time.
- Adult Piano Class --- Join Sarah Jane for our group piano class for adults! Whether you've never learned or quit and have regretted it since, join us to get your fingers back in motion. Each participant will have their own keyboard in our group class so we can learn and play as one! This is a very low pressure way to introduce music back into your life in a fun social setting. It's never too late to get started.
- Songwriting Class with Adam Levy --- Learn about and improve your songwriting skills with a master. Adam is probably best known as the leader and founding member of the Minnesota-based rock band, The Honeydogs. He has also explored children's music, orchestral pop, experimental electronic sounds, Brazilian, and American roots music in the 1/2 dozen or so bands and projects he leads.
What is the Family Fun Twin Directory?
This is the most extensive collection of companies, organizations, activities and places to find things to do with kids in the Twin Cities. Find things to do this weekend, things to do today, things to do with toddlers, things to do with teens. We have it all. Sort by indoor things to do with kids or outdoor things to do with kids. Find theater, music, water parks, aquariums, zoos, museums, seasonal fun.
Find the Answers to Your Questions. How much does it cost? What are the hours? Where can I find discount tickets? Where did my favorite store go?
We share Family Friendly Businesses. We work hard to keep it the most current and accurate parenting resource in the Twin Cities. Not just a blog for moms, we are a informational resource for families. This parent to parent list is perfect for dads, moms and grandparents to find fun things to do with kids year round.
This directory was made for families who live in the Twin Cities metro to connect with local businesses. However, visitors to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area will find our directory useful to learn more about venues with insider tips and details. Use this directory to find the best things to do with families in Minnesota's largest metropolitan area.
Connect With Us: