Richfield Farmers Market began in 1990 and has continued each summer at Veterans Memorial Park. It provides access to local, healthy, and affordable foods with a dose of family fun. Besides healthy produce, the Market offers educational and recreational activities to promote active living and community enrichment. They accept, EBT, WIC and FMNP vouchers, as well as Visa, Mastercard, and Discover Credit/Debit Cards. For weekly updates, you can subscribe to the market's Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Every week the market features free family activities, such as:
- Second Saturday Family Art Program with the Richfield Arts Commission
- Third Saturday Read-A-Story Puppet Theater
- Fourth Saturday Mayor Debbie’s Hour from 9:30-10:30am
- Local Community Information Tables
- Live Music
- Every Saturday meet Master Gardeners from University of MN Extension
- A Pumpkin Patch, both Sat & Sun from late September through October
Richfield Farmers Market Hours:
The Farmers Market runs every Saturday from mid-May to mid-October. It can be found under the picnic pavilion, rain or shine.
Wares to buy and take home include:
- Maple Syrup
- Meat - pork, chicken, beef & bison
- Baked Goods
- Jams & Fruit Butters
- Granola and Nut Mixes
- Tomato Sauces
- Picked veggies
as well as concessions, such as:
- Coffee and Tea
- Mini Donuts
- Tibetan Dumplings
- Greek street food.
Parking & Public Transportation at Richfield Farmers Market:
Veterans Memorial Park has free parking spaces available in the lot next to the market with spillover parking in the Richfield Ice Arena lot off of 66th Street. Public Transportation is also available. Metro Transit's Bus 5 stops near the entrance to Veterans Memorial Park at Portland Ave and 64th Street.
- 10+ Family-Friendly Twin Cities Spring Farmers Markets
- Harvest Time: Twin Cities Fall Farmers Markets & Outings
- Mill City Farmers Market: Downtown Minneapolis
- Nathe's 101 Market Harvest Garden Center, Otsego