While Northview Athletic Fields in Eagan is mainly a sports park, it also offers family friendly amenities, including a playground, space to picnic and a disc golf course. Just west of Eagan High School, it extends the school's athletic field. The park offers plenty of off-street parking.
7 Ideas for Family Fun at Northview Athletic Fields
- Run on the playground. The playground equipment is wood and plastic construction. It is smaller in scale than you might expect for a park this size, but covers all the basics - slides, climbing, and a separate swingset.
- Toss a frisbee on the disc golf course.
- Play kickball on one of the 8 baseball fields - bring your own playground ball.
- Make it a game of dodge ball, utilizing the running space of a soccer field
- Bring your tennis racket and ball and practice on tone of 11 courts.
- Stroll the walking paths that wind through the park and along the pond
- Pack a Picnic. Shaded picnic shelters offer tables to eat at and there is even a charcoal grill available.
Disc Golf Course at Northview Park
Eagan's nine-hole disc golf course is located at Northview Park and is free to use for players from beginner to advanced. The course winds through the park, using natural features as obstacles. The first hole is conveniently located near the parking lot and ends near the playground, so families can let the kids wind down with free play after a game. The city offers a downloadable course map and links to rules and scorecards at the link above.
Video of Northview Park
Eagan created this video tour of the park. You can see the expansive sports courts and fields as well as the small playground and an overview of the disc golf course.