In Minnesota, family fun outdoors means embracing all four seasons. If you are on this page because you are looking for a new Twin Cities-area park, playground or nature center to explore, hundreds of entries can be found through our Parks & Playgrounds Search feature. Or, continue searching hundreds more ideas of things to do with kids in the Twin Cities through our Family Directory, including family outings, services, classes, camps, birthday parties and more.
Family Fun Directory of Things To Do with Kids:
Family owned and operated, beginning as Apple Farm in 1976, Minnetonka Orchards, near Minnetrista, has grown into a beautiful orchard destination. I (Gianna) have visited two times with many years in between and each time, I was happily surprised at what awaited.
Basic Facts About Minnetonka Orchards:
- The orchard is open every day from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- Admission is free on weekdays, $7/pp on the weekends
- Hayrides are $3/pp on weekdays and included with admission on weekends
- On weekends, the grill is open and the orchard does not allow outside food to be brought in.
- The playground, petting zoo–Owen’s Barnyard–the hay mountain, giant sandbox and the corn crib slide are all activities kids will enjoy.
Minnetonka Orchards is Pet Friendly
If you are looking for an orchard outing that includes your family pup, this orchard allows leashed pets.
Minnetonka Orchards Notes
Picking: Call ahead (763-479-6530) so see what varieties are available for pick-your-own.
Articles Related to Minnetonka Orchards
- Recipe Wednesday: Strawberry Rhubarb Applesauce + Twin Cities Apple Orchard Picks
- Twin Cities Fall Activities Via Local Bloggers
- Family Fun Twin Cities Guide to Apple Orchards
- Twin Cities Apple Orchards: 4 Picks in the West Metro
- Twin Cities Apple Orchards: Pickings in the North Metro
- Twin Cities Apple Orchards: Go West, Young Man (and Women)
- Twin Cities Apple Orchards: Southern Hospitality
- Twin Cities Apple Orchards: Eastern Metro
- Twin Cities Apple Orchards — Southeastern Fun
What is the Family Fun Twin Directory?
This is the most extensive collection of companies, organizations, activities and places to find things to do with kids in the Twin Cities. Find things to do this weekend, things to do today, things to do with toddlers, things to do with teens. We have it all. Sort by indoor things to do with kids or outdoor things to do with kids. Find theater, music, water parks, aquariums, zoos, museums, seasonal fun.
Find the Answers to Your Questions. How much does it cost? What are the hours? Where can I find discount tickets? Where did my favorite store go?
We share Family Friendly Businesses. We work hard to keep it the most current and accurate parenting resource in the Twin Cities. Not just a blog for moms, we are a informational resource for families. This parent to parent list is perfect for dads, moms and grandparents to find fun things to do with kids year round.
This directory was made for families who live in the Twin Cities metro to connect with local businesses. However, visitors to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area will find our directory useful to learn more about venues with insider tips and details. Use this directory to find the best things to do with families in Minnesota's largest metropolitan area.
Connect With Us: