Family owned and operated, beginning as Apple Farm in 1976, Minnetonka Orchards, near Minnetrista, has grown into a beautiful orchard destination. I (Gianna) have visited two times with many years in between and each time, I was happily surprised at what awaited.
Basic Facts About Minnetonka Orchards:
- The orchard is open every day from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- Admission is free on weekdays, $7/pp on the weekends
- Hayrides are $3/pp on weekdays and included with admission on weekends
- On weekends, the grill is open and the orchard does not allow outside food to be brought in.
- The playground, petting zoo–Owen’s Barnyard–the hay mountain, giant sandbox and the corn crib slide are all activities kids will enjoy.
Minnetonka Orchards is Pet Friendly
If you are looking for an orchard outing that includes your family pup, this orchard allows leashed pets.
Minnetonka Orchards Notes
Picking: Call ahead (763-479-6530) so see what varieties are available for pick-your-own.
- Recipe Wednesday: Strawberry Rhubarb Applesauce + Twin Cities Apple Orchard Picks
- Twin Cities Fall Activities Via Local Bloggers
- Family Fun Twin Cities Guide to Apple Orchards