Maplewood Mall is open seven days a week and has a large play area for children next to a full-size Merry Go Round that even adults can ride. This mall has an Amusing Rides kiosk. Find more events and activities by following the mall's Facebook Page.
Maplewood KidX Club
The KidX club offers both paid and free activities for kids throughout the year, including special holiday events like egg hunts, trick-or-treating and a stocking stroll. Many of the activities require membership to the club and many require pre-registration. Pre-register for events on Eventbrite.
Maplewood Mall Play Area
Nicki from MinneMama Adventures rates this mall's play area as her top pick. You can read why here. Keep an eye open for the soon-to-be-built Madison's Place Inclusive Playground. Maplewood Mall and the Madison Claire Foundation are partnering to create an indoor inclusive play area (like the outdoor one in Woodbury). The are currently in the fundraising stage.
Maplewood Mall Hours
The hours we show above are the mall's standard hours. Hours may change for holidays and the mall may close for unexpected events. We recommend checking the website before visiting if you are in doubt.
Maplewood Mall Directory and Family-Friendly Stores
Some family-friendly stores to look for when visiting include:
- Amusing Rides - See images below
- Barnes & Noble - Story Hours and other family-friendly events.
- Island Carousel - Pictured above
- Pac-Man Zone - Video games and entertainment center
- Sustainable Safari (formerly Cock-a-Doodle Zoo) - A petting zoo in the mall.
- Tactical Escape - Learn more about this and other kid-friendly escape rooms here.
- Twin Cities Guppies - Lower level near Kohls.
Children's apparel stores include:
- Alex & Allie's Children's Boutique
- Kids Foot Locker
Note that mall stores tend to come and go. Find a full list of stores here.