The Minnesota Transportation Museum is a train-lovers dream come true. Full of old train cars, the kids can explore from one car to the next, pretending to be passengers, engineers and conductors. Features include:
- Caboose and classic bus rides
- Real train cars lined up for you to explore.
- TranSanta's Train Shop and other special events.
Transportation Week 2018 at the Minnesota Transportation Museum
Starting with Train Day on May 5th, 2018, MTM hosts Transportation Week -- a week-long celebration of all things Transportation! Visitors are invited to experience the hands on fun of bikes, service vehicles, construction equipment, buses, motorcycles and classic cars with special guests, story times, crafts, bus and train rides!
- Train Day - Saturday, May 5, 10am - 4pm
- Bike Day - Sunday, May 6, 10am - 4pm
- Public Service Day - Monday, May 7, 3pm - 8pm
- Construction Equipment Day - Tuesday, May 8, 3pm - 8pm
- Bus Day - Wednesday, May 9, 10am - 4pm
- Motorcycle Day - Thursday, May 10, 3pm - 8pm
- Vintage Car Day - Friday, May 11, 3pm - 8pm
- The "MOTHER ROAD" Day! - Saturday, May 12, 10am - 4pm (Find More Mother's Day Events)
Saturdays at Minnesota Transportation Museum
On Saturdays guests can ride a real vintage caboose as part of their admission. Rides last 15 minutes and operate all day between 10-4. No need to book, just come visit the museum, and line up for a ride!
The museum staff is mostly made up of highly knowledgeable volunteer train enthusiasts. Ask them anything. I challenge you to stump them.
Minnesota Transportation Museum Birthday Reservations
Have a train fan in your family? Host your birthday party at the Jackson Street Roundhouse! Cost of renting our Birthday Party Car is $100, plus museum admission for birthday party guests and family. Museum admission prices on Saturdays are $13 for adults, $11 for seniors (6+) and children ages 5-15, $6 for toddlers ages 2-4, and children under age of 2 are free of charge. Admission includes the cost of a classic bus ride/caboose ride.
Discounts to Minnesota Transportation Museum
Have a Twin Cities Kids Club Membership? Use your membership card to get discounts! (Call ahead on this deal. TCKC hasn't updated membership information for 2018).