Keller Regional Park has family friendly amenities that include a large playground with a wood-chip floor and standard play equipment, trails for walking and biking, archery and fishing areas. There is also ample space for picnics and parking lots in each area of the park. The park is big enough that each of its sections has a different name: Spoon Lake, Island, Lakeside, Lower Keller, Golfview (where you'll find Keller Golf Course) and Round Lake. It connects with Phalen Park to the south. There are 8 parking lots in this park.
6 Ideas for Family Fun at Keller Park
- Practice archery at the park's FREE 12-lane course. Bring your own equipment. Learn more.
- Try Tuj Lub. We've included an explainer video below.
- Let the kids run around on the playground. You'll find it in the Golfview section of the park.
- Go fishing. There is a pier in the Round Lake section of the park or your can shoreline fish from the Spoon Lake section or the Lakeside section.
- Try some pond dipping from the pier.
- Take a walk. The trails are mainly paved Paved and there is a boardwalk trail to the Island section of the park.
Tuj Lub at Keller Regional Park
In 2016, the county installed Tuj Lub (pronounced too-loo) courts near the Golfview shelters. This traditional Hmong top-spinning game that takes place on a grass court. If you are interested in trying out the sport, you can find detailed instructions here. You can also find information on purchasing tops on that page. It's not something you can just Google and buy on Amazon.
Fishing Keller Lake
The Minnesota DNR tells us Keller Lake is a "great lake for kids" with plenty of sunfish. Other fish species include Bluegill, Crappie, Channel Catfish, Northern Pike, Largemouth Bass, Walleye, Yellow Perch, Bullhead and Carp.
Winter Recreation Sampler in Keller Regional Park
Back in 2020, Ramsey County Parks is offering 7 days of free winter fun. Families can enjoy cross-country skiing, kick-sledding and tea kettle curling at the Keller Park Golfview picnic area on select afternoons in February. We were happy to this tradition return in 2020.
Birthday Parties at Keller Regional Park
There are seven picnic shelters available for birthday and other private party rentals during the summer months. Contact Ramsey County to reserve a shelter. Find more Twin Cities Birthday Parties for Kids in the Parks.
More Parks in Maplewood, MN
- Battle Creek Regional Park, Maplewood & St. Paul
- Afton Heights Park, Maplewood
- Hazelwood Park, Maplewood
- Edgerton Park, Maplewood
- Nebraska Park, Maplewood
- Bruentrup Heritage Farm, Maplewood
- Joy Park, Maplewood