David LaRochelle is a local author who has written over twenty-five children's books, many of which you'll probably recognize from the list below. While most of the children's book authors in the Twin Cities are friendly and active in the community, you can bet you'll run into Mr. LaRochelle if you frequent many children's book events. Find him selling books at local bookshops on Indie's First day, or at the Alphabet Forest at the State Fair or at book festivals around the metro. He also came out and celebrated Family Fun Twin Cities' 2016 Monster Birthday Bash with us to share his book Monster & Son.
David LaRochelle Joined BookHounds for a Special Storytime
Books By David LaRochelle:
- Monster & Son
- 1 + 1 = 5
- Arlo's Artrageous Adventure
- The Best Pet of All
- The Bookstore Valentine
- A Christmas Guest
- The Evening King
- The Haunted Hamburgers
- How Martha Saved Her Parents from Green Beans
- It's a Tiger
- Minnesota's Hidden Alphabet
- The Stingy Baker
- The End
- Absolutely Positively Not
BookHounds Episode 1 “It’s A Tiger” by David LaRochelle
How to Read the Book
- Take your time. Turn the page and sit for a moment to enjoy the pictures.
- Start calmly and speed as the character panics. Really play in up.
- At the very end, let your voice trail off.....and let your child finish the book.
Activities to Make the Book Come Alive
- Print off a tiger or cut a tiger out of a magazine and hide it around the house. Whenever anyone finds the tiger, they shout, "It's a tiger!!!!!"
- Play Tiger Hide & Seek
- Draw a picture of something you are afraid of and talk about it.
- Write a new circle story together.
Why I Like This Book
- The discusses fear in a light-hearted way.
- The pictures are very fun
- You can pick up on pattern.
- Make it a puzzle book and look for the tiger in each page.
Next Week's Book
Mr. LaRochelle is one of Gianna's favorite authors, she's written about him a few times:
- BookHounds Invites: Celebrating Parents, Kids and Books
- Children’s Library Corner:
- Read Aloud Wednesday– ‘How Martha Saved Her Parents From Green Beans
Learn more about David LaRochelle at his website.
(This post contains affiliate links)