Bunce Backyard is a family run theater group that has been producing free family-friendly summer musicals in backyards since 2007. Started by Greg, Lori, Sharayah & Trevor Bunce, the company employs multi-generational artists and volunteers. While the shows are free, audience members are encouraged to make donations. Funds are raised for various non-profits each year.
Bunce Backyard Theater
The theater produces an annual summer outdoor production. Audience members are encouraged to bring a blanket or chair and bug spray and to arrive early for good seating. Performances have drawn as many as 800 audience members per performance. They also offer free, family-friendly Christmas shows. Find upcoming shows on the Bunce Backyard website.
Summer Theater Camps
The summer camp is family-friendly and designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests, personalities and abilities. While the organization is faith-based, camp is open to everyone. Find information on summer camps.
- The Nutcracker and Beyond: Best Christmas Shows Ever!
- 2021 Twin Cities Summer Camps: Theater & Performing Arts Camps
- Kid-Friendly Theater, Music and Performing Arts in the Twin Cities
- Twin Cities Family Community Entertainment
- FFTC's 2021 Guide to FREE Summer Concerts in the Twin Cities
- Twin Cities Ultimate Summer Events Guide