Ice Castles frozen wonderland with all the winter excitement of a fairytale wonderland is being planned for New Brighton, Minnesota in 2023. Here is what to expect when you visit. Read on for our exclusive promo code to get a 15% discount.
Back in New Brighton for another year. Make sure you bundle up in all your layers so that you can safely spend lots of time at the icy palace to get the best value for the ticket price. This event will particularly delight your favorite Frozen fans. However, not just the kids, but the whole family will enjoy an Ice Castles visit.
What is Ice Castles?
Well, we are not talking about the 1978 Movie, but you are welcome to play its theme song, Eyes of Love, in your ear buds while you explore. Ice Castles is a spectacular creation by professional ice artists featuring sculptures, fountains, thrones, ice caverns, a winter chandelier and passageways — all in castles made of hand-placed icicles. The Twin Cities is one of only 5 North American locations for this ice adventure. Other locations include New Hampshire, New York, Utah and Wisconsin.
In 2013, the Mall of America was the first Twin Cities host to one of Brent Christensen’s Ice Castles. At the time I didn’t realize what I was missing out on by not visiting it. However, in 2015, I made sure to not miss out. I packed up the kids and drove out to Eden Prairie’s Miller Park just off Hwy 212.
Ice Castle Fun:
Brent Christensen created this beautiful annual kingdom of ice after moving from warm, sunny California to snowy Utah. He likes to experiment and play around and the snow and ice of Utah were the perfect vehicle for his creativity.
Since 2011, he has been creating this masterpieces for the public all over the country. Many different locations around the country have hosted and are hosting an Ice Castle. Each location creates a unique experience–even though they use many of the same elements, tunnels, waterfalls, ice, etc.
What to expect from your 2023 Minnesota Ice Castles Visit
- Perfect Setting for pictures and special occasions. Bring your cameras. If you don’t, you will kick yourself. Guests of all ages are walking into the Land of the Ice Princess. Weather permitting there will be fire dancers on the weekends and maybe some of your favorite princesses.
- Outdoor fun: This event is not only entirely outdoors, it is on a frozen lake. You know the drill: wear boots, dress in layers, hats, gloves, etc. In other words, dress like a Minnesotan on ice.
- Castle Quest: Make fun new discoveries as you solve puzzles and riddles in this escape-room style game.
- Hot chocolate, coffee, cider, cookies, and sandwiches for sale. Grown ups can get winter-themed adult beverages at the Ice Bar.
- Think, What would Elsa build? An award-winning, fairytale frozen attraction, that’s what. Exhilarating ice slides, an ice cave, frozen ice sculptures, crawl spaces, archways.
- An Ice Maze. Didn’t get enough corn maze during the fall? How about an maze made of ice?
- Ample opportunities to crawl tunnels and play hide and seek (although I don’t recommend that since lots of people are visiting and you may actually lose your children).
Minnesota Ice Castles 2023 Information & Coupon Codes
- Location: The beautiful Long Lake Regional Park, 1500 Old Highway 8, New Brighton, MN 55112
- Dates: Closed Tuesdays. Dates & Hours Dependent on Weather. January 14-FEbruary 20, 2023. Ice Castles will rarely close due to inclement weather; it’s the nice weather that is the problem.
- Tickets: Ticket go on sale November 28, 2022.
- Weekday (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday) Pricing: $11/child; $15/adult;
- Weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) Pricings: $15/child; $22/adult.
- Holiday Pricing: Expect to pay higher rates equal to the weekend pricing on the Martin Luther King (January 16) & Presidents Day (February 20) school holidays.
- Illumination Trail: This light walk guides you out as you leave the exhibit.
SAVE WITH OUR EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT CODE: Use our discount to get 15% off tickets in 2023: FunTwinCities23.
- Christmas in the Twin Cities: Planes, Trains & Winter Sleigh Rides
- Best Places to Take Your Sleds in the Twin Cities
- Visit Stillwater ice castles at the Ice Palace Maze and more Stillwater Winter Fun
This article was originally written by Gianna in 2014
and is updated with current information annually
Get More Winter Delivered to Your Email – Sign Up for Our Newsletter