Zachary Playfield in Plymouth is a nearly 40-acre sports park. Besides sports fields and courts, the park has family friendly amenities that include a playground and a disc golf course. There is a stage for public performances in the summer. In the winter the park has a skating rink with a warming house. This park has off street parking, portable restrooms and a drinking fountain available to the public, as well as par benches, a bike rack and a dog waste station.
6 Ideas for Family Fun at Zachary Field
- Check out the newly-renovated Playground is landscaped with multiple surfaces to create separate play spaces for different age groups. The equipment is geared towards children ages 2-12. See pictures on the builder, St. Croix Recreation's website.
- Play a round of disc golf.
Bring a playground ball to:
- Play a game of kickball on a baseball or softball diamond
- Play a game of HORSE on the basketball court
- Play a game of dodge ball on the grass field
- Play volleyball on the tennis court.
Disc Golf at Zachary Playfield
The disc golf course spreads across the park and requires a lot of walking between most holes, making it a good choice for if you want to get your kids out moving. The course can conflict with baseball games. It might be best to check schedules before heading to the course. Print a PDF Map of the course here.
Ice Skating at Zachary Playfield
The city of Plymouth maintains a skating rink at this location during the winter months. Weather permitting, it will be open from December 18th through February 19th for the 2017-2018 season. Warming houses close when the weather is too cold. Find special holiday hours here.