Willowstone Park is located in Brooklyn Park and is a popular park for recreation programs and summer camp. There is off-street parking at this location.
Ideas for Family Fun at Willowstone Park
- Let the kids run on the playground. It is a nice big play structure.
- Bring a ball to play dodgeball or other field games on the lacrosse field
- Play a game of HORSE on the half basketball court.
- Practice baseball skills on the softball diamond
- Have the kids chase your tennis balls while you practice serves
- Skate in the winter. This site has both a hockey rink and a pleasure rink. Find more Twin Cities outdoor rinks here.
- Go Sledding. Find our full list of Twin Cities Sledding Hills here.
- Pack a picnic to eat in the shelter or bring a blanket to spread.
- Take a family walk. The park is approximately one mile around.
Updates to Willowstone Park
The City of Brooklyn Park began work to expand the park buildings during the fall of 2020, and the work is expected to be completed by May 2021.
Birthday Parties at Willowstone
Families have two rental options for hosting birthday parties at the park. Both the park building and the picnic pavilion can be rented for an affordable daily rate. Learn more and find current rates here.
For more ideas like this, we recommend: Twin Cities Birthday Parties for Kids: Party in the Park.