Welcome Park is a community park in the City of Crystal. Its family-friendly amenities include a playground, green space and sports fields and courts (including a gaga pit). It is one of the Crystal's most popular parks, offering field sports in the summer months and ice skating in the winter.
7 Ideas for Family Fun at Welcome Park
- Play kickball on one of the three softball fields. Don't forget to bring a ball.
- Run around the Playground. Or just let the kids run. There is plenty of seating. The playground is convenient to both the parking lot and the softball fields.
- Bring a ball to play basketball.
- Play field games. Take advantage of the multi-purpose green space for space to run. We offer several ideas in60 Fun Outdoor Games for Kids.
- Try Gaga Ball. This park has a Gaga Pit. Find the rules of play here.
- Skate or practice hockey in the winter.
- Bring your dog. In the summer, the hockey rink is converted to an off-leash dog area and the city keeps cleanup bags onsite for convenient waste removal.
Winter in Welcome Park
this park is one of three parks in Crystal with a warming house and supervised ice rink. Weather and ice conditions permitting, the City of Crystal maintains its outdoor ice rinks from mid-December through mid-February. The warming house contains restrooms.