Weaver Lake Park in Maple Grove is a public beach and 80 acre community park. Family friendly amenities include, the beach, two playgrounds, and sports courts and fields. The park has free parking and restroom facilities on site.
11 Ideas for Family Fun at Weaver Lake Park:
- Spend an afternoon swimming at the beach.
- Pack a picnic. If you prefer hot, this park has grills in the pavilion area.
- Bring your rackets for a game of tennis.
- Practice your baseball skills or play a game of kickball on one of the baseball fields. You'll need to bring your own gear.
- Play a game of basketball or practice shooting hoops on the basketball court. Again, bring your own ball.
- Take advantage of the sand volleyball courts. Pack a volleyball with your beach gear.
- Let the kids run wild on either (or both) of the two playground areas.
- Climb the "space net". We call them spiderwebs.
- Play an old-fashioned game of horseshoes. Bring your horseshoes, but the pits are built in.
- Take a hike or a bike ride along the trails.
- Go fishing.
Weaver Lake Beach
The public beach is guarded and supervised daily from 12pm to 7pm during the swim season, which typically runs from early June through mid-August. The beach features a large viewing deck and a tube slide. Concessions are available to purchase during open beach hours
Birthday Parties at Weaver Lake Park
The Weaver Lake Pavilion is available for reservations for birthday parties and other events. If you are hosting a group larger than 50 people and plan to swim, please email ahead so the city can schedule more lifeguards.
Find more birthday party ideas in our annual guide, Twin Cities Birthday Parties for Kids.
Updates to Weaver Lake Boat Launch Area
The boat launch is on the opposite side of the lake from the park, approximately two miles away by car. In July of 2020, the City of Maple Grove made improvements to the boat ramp and adjacent parking lot. These improvements included adding rock to the ramp and surrounding area to create a smoother transition for watercraft and the repaving of the boat launch parking lot. This will add 10 additional parking stalls. Learn more at the City's engineering project page.