Walnut Hill Park in Eagan has family-friendly amenities that include a playground, archery range and sports courts and fields. There is also space to picnic and trails for walking and hiking. Eagan's summer puppet wagon makes a weekly stop at this park.
9 Ideas for Family Fun at Walnut Hill Park
- Practice Archery Together at Eagan's Free Archery Range.
- Play on the Playground. The playground is a good size with standard equipment and a sand floor.
- Toss a baseball together, run the bases and practice drills on the park's baseball field.
- Shoot Hoops, Play HORSE or practice dribbling the ball together on the basketball courts.
- Bring a picnic. This park has a picnic shelter & even a charcoal grill if you want to grill out.
- Go for a Family Walk on the hiking trail or walking paths.
- Bring a Ball to kick around on the soccer field. Or maybe just use the space for playing a fun yard game.
- Look for Wildlife on the Pond. Maybe you'll spot a turtle!
- View the Art Bench - Read more about Linked Contour by Korrin Lohman below.
Walnut Hill Park Archery Range
Families can bring their bows to use the park's free archery range. It is free and open to the public and offers 8 shooting lanes. The range was updated for accessibility in the Fall of 2019. Rules for users can be found on Eagan's website.
Eagan's Art Bench Project
In response to a community requeset for more resting spaces along the city park's walking trails, Eagan commissioned four art benches for community parks as part of its 2017 “Eagan Forward” project. Each of these benches was designed and created by local artists to represent the unique landscape.
Walnut Hill's bench is Linked Contour by Korrin Lohman. If you like Lohman's work and want to see more, I was not able to find a website, but the City of St. Paul shares this letter of interest highlighting several public pieces. You can also just Google her name and find several more parks featuring her work.
Video Tour of Walnut Hill Park
The city of Eagan has created this video tour of the park: