Utley Park in Edina is a six-acre park that sits on Minnehaha Creek. It creates a ten-acre triangle around 50th Street with Wooddale Park and Williams Park, making the three parks into one big super park. While Utley Park does not have its own playground, it offers lots of shady acres for open play.
7 Ideas for Family Fun at Utley Park
- Bring a playground ball to play a game of HORSE on the basketball court
- Pack a basket for a family picnic. The park has a picnic area, a small gazebo, a fire pit and nearby restrooms.
- Visit the Veterans Memorial. If you want to learn more about the people behind the names on this memorial, you can print a booklet here.
- Practice tennis or pickleball on the park's courts.
- Explore Minnehaha Creek.
- If you want to stay on land and relatively dry, try pond dipping to see what tiny nature is in the creek.
- Many people like to paddle Minnehaha Creek. This park is an access point. The creek can run very fast at times. You can find a map, information and safety tips for paddling Minnehaha Creek here.
- Cross 50th Street to visit Wooddale Park for a playground.
- In the winter cross 50th Street to Williams Park for tubing.
Birthday Parties at Utley Park
The gazebo is available to rent for a whole or half day for a reasonable fee. The gazebo is small but offers shaded picnic tables and a nearby charcoal grill as well as a fire circle. Learn more here.