Schwarz Pond Park is a 60 acre park in Rosemount with family-friendly amenities that include a playground and nature play area, a skate park, space to picnic, walking trails and fishing. Schwarz Pond Park is the site of the annual Leprechaun Days Fishing Derby. There is a larger parking lot near the nature playground and a smaller one by the skate park.
8 Ideas for Family Fun at Schwarz Pond Park
- Get some green time with the nature playground. Climb logs, build a fort with sticks, or zipline across the play area.
- Pack a picnic. The park has a shelter, grills and green space to spread a blanket.
- Bring your skate board to the skate park
- Take a Hike on the Walking Trails - Carroll’s Woods can be accessed from Schwarz Pond Park. Download a trail map here.
- Go Fishing. The pond is stocked annually by the DNR. There is both pier and shoreline fishing available.
- Try Pond Dipping. The park has a fishing pier where water can be scooped and observed.
- Play a game of kickball on the ball diamonds. Bring a playground ball and get the whole family running around the bases.
- Play field games on the soccer field: 60 Fun Outdoor Games for Kids.
Fishing Schwarz Lake
The Minnesota DNR stocks Schwarz Pond annually with Bluegill, Black Crappie and Bullhead. Plan to walk a bit from the parking lot. Families can fish from the pier or the shore line. In July, kids have a chance to participate in the Leprechaun Days Fishing Derby.
Skate Park and BMX Area
Skate boarders and in-line skaters of all abilities are invited to use the skate park area and there is an adjacent area open to BMX biking. Skating is allowed during open park hours. Both areas are free to use. Safety gear is strongly encouraged.