Riverview Park in Coon Rapids is a popular baseball park. It is14 acres and provides plenty of family-friendly amenities, including a large playground, a skate park and natural areas. In the winter, the city maintains an ice rink and there is a good hill for sledding. The park has restrooms available and there are two large off-street parking lots.
6 Ideas for Family Fun at Riverview Park
- Climb and play on the playground. It is large enough for running around with elements to challenge a variety of ages. The flooring is woodchip, so watch out for wipeouts.
- Bring a playground ball and play a family game of
- Kickball on one of the baseball fields (there are 5 fields to choose between, but this park can get busy during the baseball season)
- Around the World or HORSE on the basketball half-court (find it on the west side of the park near the skate park); or
- Dodgeball in the open space.
- Explore the natural areas along the edges of the park.
- Bring skateboards, skates or scooters to play on the skate park.
- Pack a picnic to enjoy a meal outdoors while you play.
- In the winter, enjoy ice skating and sledding with an onsite warming house.
Birthday Parties at Riverview Park
Families can rent the park building for private events like birthday parties. However, it is not air-conditioned, so may not be ideal for summer parties and in the winter, available rental times are scheduled around ice skating warming house use. The open-air shelter is also available to rent. Learn more by filling out a coon rapids park rental online request form or call coon rapids park and rec for more information. Related Articles:
- Twin Cities Guide to the Best Sledding Hills
- Skate the Twin Cities: Where To Find Free Outdoor Ice Rinks