Rahn Park is a 40-acre park in Eagan nestled between Rahn Elementary School and Rahn Athletic Fields (which adds an additional 23 acres to the park grounds). We've combined the two park properties as one for purposes of this review.
The adjoining school also has its own playground equipment and hard-court play area with painted game courts like dodge ball, four square and hopscotch.
This park participates in Spark!, Eagan's Puppet Wagon program.
11 Fun Ideas for Families at Rahn Park
- Just Play. The playground is brightly colored and best suited to smaller kids. There are two climbing structures, a teeter totter, a sand digger toy, ride-on rockers, and a swingset. Eagan uses sand on its playground floors.
- Swap Out Your Reads. This is a Little Free Library location.
- Play Around the World or another basketball game. You'll need to bring your own ball.
- Throw Horseshoes on the park's pits. Again you'll need your own gear.
- Run. Take advantage of the open sports field to play outdoor games that require space for running.
- Skate the pleasure rink or practice on the paved hockey rink in winter.
- Practice Tennis together. Or practice your own serves while the kids chase the balls for you.
- Go for a walk on the stroller friendly walking trail.
- Bring a playground ball to play kickball on the baseball fields
- Pack a Picnic. This park provides a charcoal grill.
- Play some sand volleyball. The park provides the net and sand. You just need a ball.
Little Free Library Location
Rahn Park is one of Eagan's Little Free Library sites. Each of these boxes was designed and built by park staff with scraps from other projects. Find a map of all the sites here. Bring books to trade or read and return.
Outdoor Ice Rinks at Rahn Park
This outdoor rink location has both a pleasure rink and a hockey rink with a staffed warming house. Warming house hours are:
|Monday - Thursday||4pm-8pm|
Ice rinks are generally open from mid-December to mid-February, weather permitting. Call the weather closure hotline at (651) 675-5511 and select option 3 to get up-to-date closure information.
For more places to skate around Eagan and the greater Twin Cities: Skate the Twin Cities: Where To Find Free Outdoor Ice Rinks.