Parkers Lake Park and Beach are across 66th Street from Parkers Lake Community Playfield. Family friendly amenities of this 26 acre park include the beach, a playground, and trails. Off-street parking is available. The park maintains drinking fountains and restrooms. The park sometimes hosts community entertainment, summer movies and special events, like the July Water Ski Show. Find these on Plymouth's Special Events page.
10 Fun Things for Families at Parkers Lake Park
- Enjoy the beach between 9am - 8pm daily in the summer. It is guarded from early June through early August between noon and 6pm. Bathrooms and changing areas are available.
- Bring a volleyball for a game of sand volleyball on the beach.
- Take a break and let the kids run crazy on the playground.
- Pack a lunch for a family picnic. There are grills available if you want to make it a hot lunch.
- Take a family walk along the park's trails.
- Or Make it a bike ride along the trails. The park offers bike racks if you want to take advantage of other amenities.
- Enjoy scheduled community entertainment at the park's stage.
- Watch for occasional outdoor summer movies projected at play field across the street from the park.
- In the winter, enjoy the chance to ice skate outdoors.
- In the summer, plan your visit for a Wednesday afternoon so you can peruse the weekly farmers market.
Ice Skating at Parkers Lake Park
Plymouth maintains several outdoor ice rinks from mid-December to mid-February when weather cooperates. Parkers Lake rink may open later and close earlier because it is on the lake as opposed to a man-made rink.
This park has two buildings that are available to rent for birthday parties and other private events. The North Picnic Shelter can hold 120 people at 11 picnic tables and offers electricity, grills and bathrooms with flushing toilets. The Parkers Lake Building over looks the water and is near the beach. The fully-enclosed building holds up to 65 people. It has electricity but no kitchen. Learn more here.