Norwood Park is a larger park in Brooklyn Park with family-friendly amenities that include a playground, sports courts and fields, outdoor ice rinks and a sledding hill. The city has plans to update this park in the near future. There is off-street parking available.
8 Ideas for Family Fun in Norwood Park
- Play a game of HORSE on the park's half court
- Try pickleball or tennis on the courts
- Play on the playground
- Play a game of kickball on the softball diamond
- Pack a Picnic. Bring a blanket to spread. While the city plans to rebuild the former shelter, the park does not currently have one.
- Take a Walk along the park trails.
- Ice skate or practice hockey in the winter. Find a full list of Twin Cities outdoor rinks here.
- Go sledding when it snows. Find a full list of sledding hills here.
Coming Updates to the Park
The City of Brooklyn Park is planning updates beginning in the spring of 2021 with a projected finish date in the fall of 2022. The Master Plan includes building a nature play area and multi-purpose field, adding a park building with restrooms and replacement of the shelter that was previously removed and updating the park trails with lighting, natural restoration and connections to the neighborhood trails.