North Tyrol Park in Golden Valley is a neighborhood park with almost ten acres. It is home to several mature cottonwood trees and plenty of grassy areas for running around. Many of this park's trees were lost to a storm in 2011, but replaced in 2013. Family friendly amenities include playground equipment, game squares and sports fields and courts. In the winter, the city maintains a skating rink. Parking at this park is on street.
North Tyrol Playground
The playground set is older but sturdy and offers year-round fun with a swingset and tire swing, slides, monkey bars and climbing.
Five Ideas Summer Fun at North Tyrol Park
- Basketball. Bring along a ball for a little basketball practice on the park's court.
- Baseball, Softball or Kickball. Enjoy a family game (with your own gear) on the park's softball field.
- Game Squares. Find a rock or bring a playground ball to enjoy the park's game squares.
- Movies in the Park. Find the full movie in the park schedule each summer on Golden Valley's Entertainment in the Parks page.
- Playground Adventure Van. This park traditionally participates in summer activities. Park staff brings a van full of fun, including games, crafts, and activities and scheduled day from mid-June through early August.
While the city does maintain an outdoor rink at this location when weather cooperates, it does not have a warming shelter. Click the link for a list of Twin Cities Outdoor Skating Rinks.