Memory Lane Park is a 10 acre natural area in Crystal. It is currently a tree-lined green space around surrounding Memory Lane Pond. There are some sidewalks (on the north side of 42nd Avenue North and east side of Louisiana Avenue North) and benches and a Little Free Library (off Louisiana Avenue). However, its primary draw is the shoreline habitat native plantings (added in 2012), the mature trees and the green space leading to the pond. The vivid colors of autumn, the crisp frost of winters, the hatchlings of spring and the green of summer, make this nature space is a great place to watch the changing seasons.
What's There To Do at Memory Lane Park?
- Investigate the Pond. While there is no pier, there may be places along the shoreline where kids could like on their bellies to pond dip.
- Watch Ducks and Geese. This is especially fun in the spring when the babies start following their mamas.
- Field Games. It could also be fun for bigger kids to play tag or hide-and-go seek among the trees. However, they would want to be aware that the shoreline is unguarded and this is primarily a residential neighborhood with family homes abutting this park.
- Read a new book. The Little Free Library next to a park bench just begs for a short story break.
- Walk & Explore. 10 acres allows for a lot of exploring and a good long walk.
- Bring Your Dog. Kids aren't the only ones who would love to explore acres of green space.
According to the Crystal Fund for Community Progress, the city's long range plan for this park may include landscaping, enhancing views along 42nd Avenue, and adding walking trails. These updates are dependent on donated funds.