Madsen Park is a 6-acre neighborhood park in Fridley. Family-friendly amenities include a playground, space to picnic and sports courts and fields. In the winter the city maintains both a pleasure rink and a hockey rink and in the summer the park participates in the Rec N' Roll program. The park has off-street parking and a portable toilet parking lot. Expect some flooding in spring, but the city is working on a plan to improve stormwater drainage.
7 Ideas for Family Fun at Madsen park
You'll need your own playground ball or other equipment for some of these ideas.
- Pack a picnic and enjoy a lunch in the fresh air.
- Let the kids run wild on the playground
- Play kickball on the baseball diamond
- Try out the basketball court that was installed in 2019 courtesy of the Timberwolves.
- Play tennis or tiny tot volleyball on the tennis court.
- Make it a Family Bike Ride - Paved Trails lead to this park from several other park destinations. The city offers this wonderful map for exploring Fridley by bike.
- Ice Skate in the Winter
Summer at Madsen Park
Madsen Park participates in Fridley's Rec N’ Roll program. Park staff will visit weekly with FREE recreational activities. Supervised activities include sports, games, crafts and activities for a variety of ages out of the Rec N’ Roll mobile - a revamped fire truck that is equipped with a fun sound system and all the supplies needed for the weekly activities. The summer of 2021 will include accommodations for proper social distancing.