Locke County Park is an Anoka County Park. Family-friendly amenities include a playground, hiking and biking trails and space to picnic. Restrooms and a picnic pavilion are found near the parking lot and playground. A second pavilion is located along the paved trail.
7 Ideas for Family Fun at Locke County Park
- Have a picnic while the kids play on the playground.
- Hike the Locke County Park Loop. The full loop is slightly more than a mile and a half around. The south portion of the loop is not paved.
- Go for a Family Bike Ride.
- Bring the Family Dog. This park has an off-leash dog park. You do not need any special permits, but your dog needs to be licensed and vaccinated. Learn more here.
- Explore Rice Creek. There are plenty of places to get close to the water. Maybe bring pond dipping equipment to see what you can find.
- Go Bird Watching. Anoka County suggests looking for brown thrashers and brown creepers.
- Look for Other Wildlife. Go in the early mornings or early evenings for a chance to see deer. And Anoka County also tell us that mink live in this park.
Vehicle Permits Required at Anoka County Parks
Vehicle permits are required at all Anoka County Parks. Purchase an annual permit for $30 and you can also enter Washington County Parks with the same permit.