Jewell Park is a small park just off River Road in Brooklyn Park that offers opportunities for year-round family fun, including a playground, trails and space to picnic in the summer and ice skating and sledding in the winter. It has both a park building and picnic shelter available to rent for private events. The park has a small off-street parking lot
5 Ideas for Family Fun at Jewell Park
- Run around on the playground. The small playground has a woodchip floor and equipment for both bigger and smaller kids. There are shaded benches for parents who would prefer to relax with a book and coffee while the kids work off their energy.
- Pack a Picnic. There is a reservable picnic shelter as well as plenty of green spaces under mature trees that would be ideal for spreading a blanket.
- Take a family walk along the park's trails.
- Go Skating in the winter. Find our full list of Twin Cities Outdoor Rinks here.
- Sled when there is enough snow. This park is recommended for sledding by the City of Brooklyn Park. Find a full list of recommended sledding hills here.
Birthday Parties at Jewell Park
Brooklyn Park will rent either the building or shelter on a per-day basis for reasonable fees based on residency plus a damage deposit. Find prices and more information here.