Located just off County Road C and Hazelwood Street, Hazelwood Park is a 50 acre area in Maplewood that is classified both as a neighborhood park and a Youth Athletic Park. Family-friendly amenities include a children’s play area, an internal trail system and space for picnics. It also has a lighted soccer field. This park has off-street parking and is the location of Maplewood's Independence Day Celebration.Hazelwood
5 Things for Families at Hazelwood Park
- Play on the playground. The children's play area has a sand floor and a equipment that begs for timed ninja challenges. Parents can sit so that they can keep an eye on both the playground and the soccer field.
- Walk around the lake. The paved internal trail system is stroller friendly and lined with wildflowers in the summer.
- Have a picnic. There is plenty of green space and a picnic shelter that can hold up to 24 people. (The shelter is reservable, so it may not always be available for impromptu picnics.)
- Bring your soccer ball for some family practice. This park has 6 soccer fields. If there is no game going on, the fields offer plenty of green space to run - with or without a ball.
- Go sledding. Take advantage of the inward-facing slopes for a traffic-free sledding date.
Hazlewood has a small shelter (24-person capacity) that is available to rent for birthday parties and other private events for a reasonable fee and damage deposit. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651.249.2120 for availability and to reserve the shelter.
Maplewood Light It Up - Independence Day Celebration
The annual 4th of July Light it Up celebration is hosted at this park. Beginning at 4pm, activities include inflatable bouncy houses, live entertainment, food trucks and fireworks at dusk.
More Information: Twin Cities Independence Day/4th of July Events
Map of Hazelwood Park