6 Ideas for Family Fun at Hartkopf Park
- Go Sledding in the Winter. The city recommends this park for sledding, along with several other parks. You can find the full list here: Best Sledding Hills of the Twin Cities.
- Play on the Playground. This is an older playground with a woodchip floor. The signage at the park proudly states that the play structure was made with recycled materials.
- Pack a Picnic. There is a shelter available for outdoor dining. It can be reserved for special events.
- Run the bases or practice baseball skills on the park's diamond. (But hurry, the city plans to replace the ballfields with green space.)
- Practice tennis on the park's court.
- Go for a family walk along the trails.
Brooklyn Park's Master Plan for Hartkopf Park has scheduled work to begin in Spring of 2021 and be finalized by the Fall of 2022. Updates include building a nature play area, converting the baseball fields into multi-use green space and installing basketball courts, additional parking on the east end, additional restroom buildings, and updating the picnic area. They also plan to install trail lighting for year-round use of loop trail, add signage and connect gaps between the trails of various parks while redeveloping the natural resources throughout the park.
Birthday Parties at Hartkopf Park