Flanery Park is an approximately 6-acre neighborhood park in Fridley. Family-friendly amenities include a playground, space to picnic, sports courts and fields and an ice rink in winter. There are indoor restroom facilities at this park.
6 Ideas for Family Fun at Flanery Park
- Pack a picnic. The shelter has picnic tables and a charcoal grill available when it is not reserved.
- Run around the playground. This park has a good-sized playground for kids.
- Play kickball on the baseball diamond.
- Shoot a game of HORSE on the basketball court.
- Play tennis. The court is lit after dark.
- Practice hockey in the winter.
Summer at Flanery Park
The park is part of Fridley's summer Rec N’ Roll program. The program brings free, supervised recreational activities -- like sports, games, crafts and activities -- to the park. Kids of all ages can watch for the weekly visit from the Rec N' Roll Mobile to deliver park staff with activities. In 2021, activities will be adjusted for social distancing.
Winter at Flanery Park
In the winter, the city creates a Snow Play Pile and maintains a hockey rink at this park. Skating season is dependent on the weather, but usually runs from mid-December to mid-February. Find more Twin Cities Ice Rinks here.
The park has a small shelter that can be rented for private parties, like birthday parties. The shelter has picnic tables and a charcoal grill outside, as well as electricity, heat and running water inside. Learn more here.