Edinbrook Park is a small triangular park on Edinbrook Parkway just off Highway 610. Note that, while Brooklyn Park sometimes names its parks for the elementary school it connects with, this is not the case for Edinbrook Park. It is 2½ miles east of Edinbrook school. There is a 15-space parking lot located near the playground and basketball half-court.
8 Ideas for Family Fun at Edinbrook Park
- Let the kids play on the playground. It is conveniently located next to the parking lot and also has hardcourt games nearby. There are also nearby benches and a small shelter where parents can take a rest.
- Bring a Playground Ball to play Four Square.
- Grab a rock and play hopscotch
- Play a game of HORSE on the half court basketball court. The nice thing about this park is that it has both a half-court and a full court, so smaller kids and families can enjoy a little basket fun without worry of interrupting big kid games.
- Play kickball on the softball diamond - another reason to bring a playground ball.
- Pack a Picnic.
- Take a family walk or bike ride. This park is connected by Brooklyn Park's trail system to other local parks.
- Ice Skate in the winter.
Edinbrook Park in Winter
Brooklyn Park maintains an ice rink at this park during the winter months. Outdoor skating is weather dependent, but usually begins in mid-December and ends in mid-February. Find more rinks here: Skate the Twin Cities: Where To Find Free Outdoor Ice Rinks.
The picnic pavilion can be rented for private events like Birthday Parties. It is a nice place to have a low key party because all the kid-friendly amenities are in the same general area.