Crystal Beach Park is an almost 25-acre park in Burnsville. It features an unguarded swimming beach that is open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. Beach hours are 11 am to 6 pm, except when school is in session, when it opens at 3:30 p.m. The park has a concession stand and visitors can rent canoes or paddle boards. This park his free wi-fi courtesy of the City of Burnsville.
10 Ideas for Family Fun at Crystal Beach Park
- Rent a Canoe or Paddleboard.
- Take a Nature Walk. The park features a hard trail, so feel free to bring the stroller.
- Enjoy a Picnic (bring your own or purchase from the concession stand).
- Run, jump, climb and slide on the play equipment.
- Swim at the Beach.
- Get sandy playing with the "sand factory" equipment on the beach.
- Bring a volleyball to play a game on the courts.
- Pack a thermos of coffee and enjoy the free wi-fi while the kids run wild.
- Go fishing. The DNR considers this a "bass-panfish" lake with abundant sunfish, which are fun for catch & release fishing.
- Play yard games in the abundant green area of the park.
Birthday Parties at Crystal Beach Park
This park has a shelter that can be rented for private events like birthday parties. It holds 25 to 30 people. Rental rates vary by length of time and resident status. For more birthday party ideas, see our Ultimate Guide to Birthday Parties in the Twin Cities.